Music is the soul of any video. Without it, no video feels complete! Aware of this fact, almost all professional content creators find and incorporate free music for YouTube videos
into their content. With the appropriate music, video content looks much more professional and impressive.
Our brains process music in a very unique way. That is why music activates many different parts of our brains and evokes very strong emotions in us. Knowing this, many content creators and filmmakers utilize music in creative ways to make their videos more engaging and impressive.
- Music can set a mood for your video and enhance the overall atmoshpere. You can make your video feel cheerful, energetic, serious, impactful and more with the right music track. Moreover, you can create suspense, tension, excitement or drama to make your video more impressive.
- You can highlight your message with the right use of music. For instance, using a somber music to convey an important message can help your brand look more credible and trustworthy while using an up tempo music can make your message seem more lighthearted and cheerful.
- Music can help you draw the attention of your target audience. If you are targeting a young demographic, using rock, rap or hip hop music can help you reach them. You can use more understated genres like jazz or adult standards to connect your brand, service or product with an older generation.
- You can establish a sense of time and place with music. You can opt for techno, EDM, dubstep or a similar genre to create a more futuristic feeling or you can use nostalgic songs to imply that your story takes place in the past.
- Music allows you to make your viewers feel strong emotions. You can use slow tempo songs to make your viewers feel sad, or eerie songs to make them feel stressed and anxious. You can incorporate a romantic song to your video to make your audience feel the love, or you can use an energetic song to make them feel cheerful.
- If you know how to monetize YouTube videos, you also know how important it is to get more views in order to make a better revenue. Using an interesting music track allows you to get more views and as a result, make more money through your YouTube content.
- You can create a sense of continuity between different shots and clips by using a background music. As all audiovisual works consists of juxtaposed videos, you need to use the power of music and creative editing to make sure that all the different clips you use don’t make your audience feel alienated or distracted. A good background track helps you tie together the entire video.
- With music, you can create a unique identity for your brand, product or service. Using a certain genre or style of music allows your target audience to understand what you stand for, and associate you with the values you aim to represent.
As competition grows on the online sphere, using every tool you have to set yourself apart from your competitors has utmost importance. If you want to make sure that your channel outshines all others in your niche, you have to tap into the power of music.
While choosing a music track for your YouTube video, you must pay attention to many things. For instance, your music must be compatible with your content and aligned with your message. Another important point is, of course, music licensing.
Social media and video sharing platforms like YouTube have very strict policies regarding the use of copyrighted material. YouTube uses a very sophisticated algorithm to scan every video uploaded to the platform. This algorithm successfully detects the use of copyrighted songs and notifies the content creator on this issue. After getting a warning from the platform, you have few choices: You can delete your content, mute your video, or opt out of monetization. In addition, you can also face legal issues if the copyright owner chooses to take legal action.
If you get more than one copyright strikes, YouTube can disable your account. In this case, you lose all your followers and access to your YouTube channel.
In order to avoid any copyright disputes, all successful YouTubers use royalty free music
. All social media platforms including YouTube only allows the use of royalty free music or music that you have the rights to use. If you want to grow your YouTube channel, increase your revenue or become a YouTube Partner to start monetizing your YouTube videos, you need to use royalty free music in your content.
If you want to know where you can download royalty free, non copyrighted music for your YouTube videos, take a closer look at our detailed guide below. We gathered all the resources you need to get music for YouTube videos.